Discover winning ingredients with in-cosmetics Asia Formulation Labs and R&D Tours
A highlight of in-cosmetics Asia that must not be missed is the new series of R&D Tours that take place on all three days. The 90-minute tours designed exclusively for R&D professionals offer the opportunity to discover the latest in breakthrough ingredients and technologies in a quick and highly informative manner.
The R&D Tours were a major success when they launched at in-cosmetics Global. And at in-cosmetics Asia they will run on all three days of the show, each expertly put together and hosted by leading cosmetic chemist Rouah al-Wakeel. Focused on the key topics in the industry today, the three topics will be:
- Biotechnology Actives (sponsored by Mibelle Biochemistry): An insightful tour with a focus on next-generation ingredients developed using molecularly-identical, natural ingredients
- Leadership in Microbiomics (sponsored by Givaudan): Harnessing the beneficial nature of the body’s natural bacteria is already familiar in food and drink. Now skincare and cosmetics formulators are using skin-friendly bacteria to create ingredients promising healthier and more radiant skin
- Natural Ingredients: Although hugely fashionable, these ingredients face strong demand for proof of safety, as well as transparency of sourcing, production processes and use of EWG ratings. This tour looks at a range of new, paraben-free ingredients, and those created without synthetic ingredients and fragrances or nano-particles
Attendees on the ‘silent tours’ – that take place each day at 10.30-12noon, 13.30-15.00 and 15.30-17.00 – will hear exclusive commentary about the latest ingredients in each area, as well as being able to ask questions throughout the session.
Learn new techniques in formulation
Calling all R&D lab team members – the in-cosmetics Asia Formulation Lab sessions will take you exclusively behind the scenes, with top ingredient experts revealing the secrets of their winning formulations.
This year’s free-to-attend programme, that will run across all three days of the Bangkok show, is curated by the Institute of Personal Care and will include 10 in-depth sessions with ingredient suppliers. During each session, cosmetic chemists will learn practical techniques and how to achieve various outcomes using the same ingredient. A limited number of places in the Formulation Lab can be applied for on the day.
Day one (Tues Oct 30):
- 11.00-12.00: Dr Carsten Dietz, R&D/Quality Director, Cosphatec GmbH takes the floor to demonstrate how to create a soft, anti-pollution, highly caring and stable anti-aging skin elixir.
- 14.30-15.30: Alex Jiang, APAC Technical Service Manager, Evonik Speciality Chemicals (Shanghai) Co Ltd will demonstrate RHEANCE® Glycolipids, the new class of all-natural ingredients produced by a unique fermentation process.
- 16.15-17.15: Advanced haircare courtesy of Genadvance™ is the subject of the last session in the series led by Luciana Rodrigues, Global Application Development Manager, Global Competence Center HairCare, of Clariant SA.
Day two (Weds Oct 31):
- 11.00-12.00: Valerie Vergani, Regional Technical Manager of GRANT INDUSTRIES, offers a closer look at non-whitening, high SPF, high sensory formulations with HALAL compliance.
- 12.45-13.45: Virginie Boulier, Marketing and Application Lab Manager at Sensient Cosmetic Technologies, will introduce formulators to Aquasens, a pigment dispersion in water media for aqueous-based make-up
- 14.30-15.30: Next-generation haircare comes under the spotlight with Hemant Deshmukh, Sr Scientist – Hair Care at Ashland Speciality Ingredients. He will present the company’s sulphate-free micellar cleanse and moisturise shampoo.
- 16.15-17.15: Simplifying skincare formulations to achieve elegant textures & milder products is the subject of this afternoon session with Bee Yan Tan, Technical Manager, Lubrizol Southeast Asia (Pte) Ltd
Day Three (Thurs Nov 1):
- 11.00-12.00: Aron NT-Z is an award-winning ingredient. In this session, Manami Kumagai, Formulator, Cosmos Technical Center Co Ltd, Nikkol Group Nikko Chemicals will demonstrate how it can be used to create an emulsion paste that melts like ice-cream when applied to the skin
- 14.30-15.30: Sitanun Rattanavattanathorn, Market Development Manager, Cosmetics Asia, Merck Ltd, invites formulators to experiment with various smart cosmetic ingredients to create personalised beauty products
- 16.15-17.17: Attend this session delving into natural surfactants led by Belinda Carli, Institute of Personal Care, and receive a free natural surfactant formulation guide booklet
Sarah Gibson, Exhibition Director at in-cosmetics Asia, commented: “The Formulation Lab and R&D Tours are exclusively designed specifically for cosmetic formulators to help them understand how new ingredients can be used in multiple ways to great effect. They are also the perfect forum to meet other like-minded experts to discuss formulation challenges and meet face-to-face key exhibitors who can demonstrate products first-hand.”
Visitors to in-cosmetics Asia can also look forward to a full, free-to-attend, education programme running across the three days. It will include the internationally renowned Marketing Trends & Regulations presentations, technical seminars and live formulation laboratory sessions. More details will be announced soon.
For further details about this year’s in-cosmetics Asia event visit http://asia.in-cosmetics.com/