Next level cosmetics experience: Merck at in-cosmetics 2019
Merck, a leading science and technology company, presented their concept for this year’s in-cosmetics trade show in Paris from April 2 to 4. A variety of experimental stations invite visitors to explore and interact with Merck’s extensive portfolio of innovative effect pigments, functional fillers, and active ingredients. New releases of novel color effects, innovation seminars, the latest trends in hair and skin care and the Spring/Summer 2020 Color Forecast will be highlights of this year’s show. With up to 800 exhibitors, the in-cosmetics is the leading platform for the Personal Care Industry.
Interaction is at the heart of Merck’s exhibition in 2019, which takes last year’s successful concept to the next level. Under the tag line “Made to Adorn”, various experimental stations at the booth invite the visitors to explore Merck’s comprehensive portfolio of cosmetic solutions. The Merck Surface Solutions Academy for example, offers opportunities to study different special effect pigments and learn more about the physics behind their unique color effects. Supported by experts from the Merck labs, visitors can operate a uniquely designed device to examine how the different color effects change depending on light and angle of view. The newest additions to the Merck effect pigment portfolio will also be showcased. The luminous matte pigment Ronastar Black Allure offers futuristic elegance with a micronized, velvety powder feeling. Ronastar Red Lights, the latest addition to Merck’s Smart Effects portfolio, achieves an intense crystal-like sparkle with a very small particle size, enabling a gentle touch on the skin.
Merck’s rich variety of functional fillers will also be available for closer inspection. With their mattifying, skin correcting and texture improving capabilities, the company’s functional fillers also provide a sustainable alternative to microplastic in cosmetic formulations. Following the motto “Conquer the Microbeads”, different emulsions demonstrate how desired results can be achieved without microplastic.
At the Water Station, it’s all about touching and feeling. Here the guests can experience how expertly formulated applications change texture when they are being placed under water or applied to the skin. Shaving gels, peel off face masks and waterproof sunscreens, as well as the new smooth powder-to-cream foundation are ready to explore.
The Make-up & Trends Station provides a glimpse into the future of color cosmetics. “Trend analysis and forecasting are an integral part of our solutions offering,” explains Beate Anniés, Head of Cosmetics Solutions at Merck. “Twice a year we develop a color forecast in close collaboration with the renowned forecasting agency NellyRodi.” Merck’s Color Forecast for Spring/Summer 2020 presents the newest trends for the upcoming season. As part of the forecast presentations with NellyRodi specialists, professional make-up artists demonstrate the four trends in live make-up sessions with international models. A special highlight will be the exclusive opportunity to meet the experts from one of the best forecasting companies in the world.
“I’m very excited how the whole breadth and depth of Merck’s cosmetics portfolio really becomes tangible at in-cosmetics,” said Dorothea Wenzel, Head of Surface Solutions at Merck. “Be it our unique effect pigments, versatile functional fillers, active ingredients or the eco-friendly insect repellent IR3535 – our unique combination of expertise in cosmetics, fueled by the scientific work and know-how of our healthcare and life science sectors, is what makes Merck and our solutions so special.”
The Surface Solutions business is part of Performance Materials at Merck which comprises the specialty chemicals business of Merck. Performance Materials has a strong focus on the electronics industry and serves attractive growth markets in the automotive and cosmetics industries. Merck offers cosmetics and skin-care manufacturers a wide range of special effect pigments and active ingredients for high-quality products. In addition, trend scouts also monitor societal developments, using them to develop concepts and formulation examples.
Further highlights at the Merck booth at in-cosmetics 2019:
- Pure Love Kit: The PURE LOVE concept is made for moms-to-be and new moms. Targeting the unique needs that accompany the exciting physical changes during and after pregnancy, these formulations help to maintain or restore beautiful, flawless skin and enjoy the pregnancy. In addition, this concept also offers formulations that have been specially designed to be gentle for baby’s delicate skin using carefully selected and mainly naturally derived ingredients.
- The Root Miracle Kit: Following last year’s Turning Heads kit, which focused more on the use of effect pigments in hair care products, the Root Miracle kit will have a focus on the active ingredients for a healthy scalp. Living in urban areas, the scalp is weakened and more fragile due to various forms of external stress. Merck’s innovative solutions protect, soothe and nourish all areas of uncovered skin including the scalp.
- IR3535: With the insect repellent IR3535 Merck provides an eco-friendly and safe ingredient for reliable protection against mosquitos, ticks, lice and other pests. It shoos away unpleasant insects without harming them. At the same time, it is gentle to the skin and safe for use on babies and pregnant women. It is also biodegradable.
In addition, Merck provides two innovation seminars in Theatre 1:
- “Maintain flawless and beautiful skin - minimize impacts of pollution on skin”, by Marina Lefort, Technical Marketing Manager, Thursday, April 4, 12:40 p.m. to 1:10 p.m.
- “Asianisation of skin care – skin loving, multi-step beauty routines”, by Vivien van de Water , Asia Sales and Marketing Director, Thursday, April 4, 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visitors to in-cosmetics 2019 in Paris from April 2 to 4 will find Merck at booth M70 in Pavilion 1 of the Porte De Versailles, 2 Place de la Porte de Versailles, 75015, Paris, France.