European Biopolymers Summit to focus on strategies and opportunities for biopolymer products
Currently, bioplastics represent about one percent of the about 320 million tonnes of plastic produced annually. But as demand is rising and with more sophisticated biopolymers, applications, and products emerging, the market is continuously growing. According to the latest market data compiled by European Bioplastics in cooperation with the research institute nova-Institute, global bioplastics production capacity is set to increase from around 2.05 million tonnes in 2017 to approximately 2.44 million tonnes in 2022.
Join the 6th Edition of ACI’s European Biopolymer Summit taking place on 13th – 14th February 2019 in Ghent, Belgium to meet experts form industries such food & beverage, product & packaging and automotive to discuss the latest strategies on commercialisation, application and market access of biopolymer products and methods to overcome current market challenges and maximise the opportunities.
Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Rana Pant, Team Leader, European Commission
- Hermann Diem, Global Technical Manager, Clariant BU Additives, BL AS
- Marco Jansen, Commercial Director Renewable Chemicals (Bioplastics), Braskem
- Andreas Kuenkel, VP Biopolymer Research, BASF
- Soren Kristiansen, Director Specialist Materials, Lego Group
- Lars Boerger, Head of Product, Emerging Businesses Unit, NESTE
- Peter Hawighorst, Project Manager, ISCC System GmbH
- Lidia Garcia, Head of Biopolymers, AITIIP BARBARA
- Patrick Zimmermann, Director Marketing & Sales, FKuR Kunststoff GmbH
- Hendrik Waegeman, Business Development, Bio Base Europe
- David Newman, Managing Director, Bio-Based and Biodegradable Industries Association (BBIA)
- Dorothee Arns, Executive Director, CEFIC
- Sabine Lindner, Consumer & Environmental Affairs, PlasticsEurope
Draft Agenda Link - https://www.wplgroup.com/aci/agenda-cbce6_mkt/
Exclusive Site Visit (Limited spaces Available):
During the afternoon of Tuesday, February 12th, a limited number of conference attendees will receive a unique opportunity to visit Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant in Ghent. There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are limited and allocated on a first come – first served basis. Please register your attendance when booking for the conference.
You can register online here